Yields: 2 portions
- 2 grouper filets
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tomatillos
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup green bell pepper, seeded and deveined
- ½ cup cilantro, no stems
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and deveined
- ½ cup parsley, no stems
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fish broth
- 1 pinch of salt
- In a medium pot with room-temperature water, add tomatillos and boil for 1 minute. Remove tomatillos and place in blender.
- In a medium pan, add pumpkin seeds and toast at medium-low temperature for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and place in blender.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender. Blend well.
- Pour sauce into pan and cook a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Dry fish filets with a paper towel; salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large pan, add olive oil and heat on medium-high.
- Place filets in pan and let them brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Cover with salsa and serve.
You may also like: 3 well-marinated recipes.
Next ArticleRead This