1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 1 minute. Add the peas, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and red pepper and cook 4 to 5 minutes more, until the vegetables are the desired tenderness.
2. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp to the skillet and continue cooking until the shrimp are cooked through and pink — about 4 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrients per serving: 378 calories, 40g protein, 19g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 332mg cholesterol, 659mg sodium
Breakfast: Lox on whole‐wheat bagel with onion and tomato; 1 banana
Snack #1: Two handfuls edamame
Lunch: Shrimp salad; 1 pear
Snack #2: Handful of raisins
Dinner recipe: Baked Lime Chicken
- ¼ cup plus 1-1/2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- ¼ cup extra‐virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon water
1. Combine 1/4 cup lime juice, olive oil, sugar and cilantro in a bowl and whisk to make a marinade. Put the marinade in a large plastic resealable bag and add the chicken breasts. Marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Bake the chicken breasts for 20 to 25 minutes in the oven, turning once.
3. While the chicken is baking, bring the chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan on top of the stove. Add the remaining 11/2 tablespoons lime juice and the water and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
4. When the chicken is cooked through, turn the oven to broil and cook the chicken for another 1 to 2 minutes, until crispy on the outside.
5. Pour 1 teaspoon sauce on top of each chicken breast and serve.
Nutrients per serving: 261 calories, 31g protein, 19g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium
Breakfast: Egg sandwich; 5 strawberries
Snack #1: 1 cup plain Greek yogurt with a few walnuts and a handful of blueberries
Lunch: Grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and zucchini on rye bread with mustard; 1 kiwi
Snack #2: Handful of grapes
Next page: Herb-rubbed beef tenderloin. »