Sesame and Soy Roasted Vegetables
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1/4 cup tamari or soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 1 cup carrots, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch crescents
- 1 parsnip or turnip, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Fresh cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. In a large bowl, mix the sesame seeds and oil, garlic, tamari or soy sauce, and olive oil. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
3. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the vegetables on the sheet, season with pepper, and roast for 20 minutes. Stir the vegetables with a spatula or wooden spoon and roast for 10 to 15 more minutes or until golden.
Nutrients per serving: 212 calories, 4g protein, 24g carbohydrates, 8g fiber, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 695mg sodium