AARP Alaska, a public affairs program which has been airing on 360 North, public television’s full time TV channel is now online on YouTube.
Ann Secrest, who produces and hosts the 30 minute program, is the Director of Communications for the AARP Alaska State Office. The programs Secrest taped for Season 1 began airing throughout Alaska in February 2010.
Viewers who may have missed an episode from Season 1 on television can now see programs at any time online on YouTube. Thirty minute programs are divided into two parts.
Program titles from Season 1 include:
- Getting Started in Investing
- Estate Planning
- How to Financially Plan for Retirement
- Alaska Housing Finance Corporation’s Weatherization and Energy Rebate Programs
- Foreclosure Prevention Options & All About Reverse Mortgages
- Investment Risk
- The Changing Landscape of Money and Credit
- All About the Regulatory Commission of Alaska
- Aging in Place: Home Modifications for a Lifetime
- The Better Business Bureau
- Emotional Well Being
- The Importance of Preventive Care (Health)
- Wise Up on Meds
“For our second season, we’re going to discuss Social Security, Medicare, elder fraud, heating assistance programs, life insurance, long term care, Alzheimer’s and dementia, bank sweeps, and Alaska’s aging workforce,” said Secrest. “We will also have experts from the State of Alaska’s Division of Banking and Security who will give advice on how people should select and communicate with their broker.”
Secrest will also have guests on AARP Alaska who will help explain the language of finance and provide an overview of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Secrest will tape 13 new programs in the KTOO studios this November/December in Juneau. She anticipates Season 2 of AARP Alaska will begin airing on 360 North in February or March 2011.
Programs from Season 1 will also be soon available on DVD, according to Secrest.
The series is sponsored by the Investor Protection Trust and the State of Alaska Division of Banking and Security.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This