AARP is happy to offer a special member discount to the King Tut exhibit at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle, WA. Step into one of history's most treasured stories in “Tutankhamun: The Golden King and The Great Pharaohs,” opening on May 24, 2012. The exhibition features more than 100 objects from King Tut's tomb and ancient sites representing some of the most important rulers throughout 2,000 years of ancient Egyptian history.
With more than twice the number of artifacts than the original Tut exhibit that toured in the 1970s, many of these objects have never toured in the United States before. This is also the last time the exhibit will be on display in North America!
Among the 100+ stunning treasures, some of the crowd favorites include:
- The largest image of King Tut ever unearthed; a 10-ft quartzite statue found at the site of the funerary temple of his high officials
- A dazzling and intricate gold canopic coffinette that held King Tut’s mummified stomach
- Gold sandals and finger and toe coverings found on King Tut’s mummy
- A bed that King Tut most likely used in life
- The exquisite gold death mask of Psusennes I
- An imposing colossal bust of Amenhotep IV (Akhenaten), King Tut’s father
- A sarcophagus that held a “royal” cat
- Statues of prominent pharaohs, including Khafre, builder of the Great Sphinx and one of the pyramids at Giza; Hatshepsut, the queen who became a pharaoh; and Ramesses the Great
Tutankhamun: The Golden King and The Great Pharaohs
May 24, 2012 - January 6, 2013
Pacific Science Center
200 Second Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109
AARP Member Discount Code: TUTAARP
AARP Member Discounts Include:
- AARP members receive $3.50 off all regularly priced tickets, at any time. Limit of four tickets per member.
- First Mondays – Exclusive AARP Breakfast Tours: The first Monday of each month starting July 2, 2012, AARP members are invited to an exclusive King Tut program that begins at 8:30 am with a light breakfast, followed by a live presentation and early access to the exhibition before the general public. Tickets are $24 per person and can be reserved by calling the Pacific Science Center at 206-443-2681.
To learn more about these exclusive offers and to purchase tickets online, visit www.kingtut.org/AARP. Or to purchase tickets by phone, call 1-800-664-8775. Discounted tickets may also be purchased on-site.
Be sure to use the AARP Member Discount code: TUTAARP
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This