Recent research shows that drivers often do not come to a complete stop at stop signs.
See also: Six Important Intersection Crash Points
This simple but all too common lazy driving behavior could lead to dangerous consequences. Intersections are where many crashes occur, and by following three simple tips, drivers, pedestrians and bicyclists can all stay safe.
1. Stop at the painted stop line or before the crosswalk; if no pavement markings are present, stop just before the stop sign.
2. Scan for hazards before entering the intersection by looking left, right, straight ahead and then left again.
3. If another vehicle is stopped ahead of you at the stop sign:
- Stop where you can still see the tires of the vehicle ahead of you.
- When the vehicle ahead of you begins to move, count two seconds before you proceed to the stop sign.
Discounts & Benefits
Next ArticleRead This