AARP Celebrates Movies For Grownups—Nobody’s Business (3:30pm – 4:15pm)
PM Feature Session (3:30pm – 4:30pm)
- Why Not Your Best — Terry Bradshaw, widely acknowledged as today's preeminent NFL studio personality. The former quarterback was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in his first year of eligibility. He’ll talk about how we can learn the same spirit that has brought his success.
AARP University Workshops (4:00pm – 5:00pm)
- Be a Writer and Get Published
- Volunteer Abroad: Explore, Serve, and Learn
- A Dose of Prescription Drug Reality
- Consumers in “Jeopardy”
- Find Your Voice: Two Effective Grassroots Strategies
- The Best Is Yet To Come: Later Life Creativity
- Scrapbooking: Making Memories
- Being the Best Grandparent From a Distance
- Write a Winning Resume and Find Your Next Job Online
- Cyber Safety: Staying Safe on the Internet
- Job Hunting After 50: Ace the Interview
- Photo Fun: How To Take Better Photos
AARP Celebrates Movies For Grownups—Mabel’s Saga / Louise / Backseat Bingo (4:45pm – 5:30pm)
Wit and Wisdom: Bill Cosby with Special Guest Jose Feliciano (7:30pm – 9:30pm)
AARP After Dark Lounge featuring Silver Stars (10:00pm – 1:00am)
Media Opportunities Saturday, October 28, 2006:
Morning Fitness (7:30am – 8:30am)—Work out with “America’s favorite fitness expert” Denise Austin. Learn her sensible, realistic, and enthusiastic approach to fitness and eating, as she works out only 30 minutes a day and never skips a meal.
Closing Session (9:00am – 11:00am)
- Women Who Were Inspirational In Our Lives — Maya Angelou, one of the great voices of contemporary literature and a remarkable Renaissance woman, celebrate others who came before.
AARP Celebrates Movies For Grownups—In a Nutshell: A Portrait of Elizabeth (10:30am – 12:00pm)
Staying Sharp: Current Advances in Brain Research Sponsored by Foremost (10:30am – 12:00pm)
Lifestyle Sessions (11:00am – 12:00pm)
- Playing It Safe: 10 Tips for Healthy Visits to the Doctor and Hospital — Rosemary Gibson, author of Wall of Silence, has more than 20 years experience in health care.
- The Trials and Tribulations of Writing a Newspaper Column: Are They Laughing in Nebraska? — Craig Wilson has been a feature writer at USA Today for 22 years, writing his popular Wednesday column, “The Final Word”, for the past 10.
- My Eye Health: In the Wink of an Eye — Betty White, legendary Golden Girls actress, knows how to make the most of her golden years. She will share the secrets of healthy aging, especially taking good care of your eyesight.
- Keeping the Boom in Boomer — JoAnne Musolf will fill in the missing piece of your retirement puzzle: emotional planning.
- Setting your Sights on Diabetes Health — Kim Fox, a registered dietician, helps make sense of nutrition terms so you can manage your meal planning.
AARP Celebrates Movies For Grownups—Curtain Call (12:30pm – 1:45pm)
Feature Session (12:30pm – 2:00pm)