AARP University Workshops (11:00am – 12:00pm)
- Be a Writer and Get Published
- Volunteer Abroad: Explore, Serve, and Learn
- Rx Drugs: Why Do My Meds Cost So Much
- Don’t Get Tricked, Treat Yourself to Consumer Tips
- Find Your Voice: Two Effective Grassroots Strategies
- The Best Is Yet To Come: Later Life Creativity
- Scrapbooking: Making Memories
- Keep in Step with Your Grandchildre
- Write a Winning Resume and Find Your Next Job Online
- Cyber Safety: Staying Safe on the Internet
- Job Hunting After 50: Ace the Interview
AARP University Sessions (11:00am – 12:00pm)
- Planning for and Protecting Your Retirement — Hedrick Smith, former New York Times Pulitzer-prize winner
- Tech Talk: Computers, the Internet, and You!
- AARP California: Programs, Activities & Efforts
- Cancer: Can Your Diet Make a Difference?
- Travel Trends and Tips
- “Home Sweet Home”: Smart Technologies for Aging in Place
AARP Celebrates Movies For Grownups—Mr. Conservative: Goldwater on Goldwater (11:00pm – 1:00pm)
Lifestyle Sessions (12:30pm – 1:30pm)
- Comedy, Cubicles and Corporate Life — Scott Adams, creator of the Dilbert comic strip, delivers his unique perspective on work and life.
- Friendships Keep You Young — Keith Ferrazzi, called one of the world's most "connected" individuals by both Forbes and Inc. magazines, looks at the value of social ties.
- Importance of Fitness for a Healthy Lifestyle — Billy Blanks first created his martial arts/aerobics hybrid, Tae Bo, in 1975. At Life@50+, he’ll share the benefits of staying in shape.
- Consumer Reports: “Labs on Tour” — Robert Karpel is a program leader for Consumer Reports’ Appliance Department, having carefully safeguarded consumers for twenty years. Being a professional engineer, not only has he tested appliances and equipment, he has also designed product-testing instruments used by himself and other scientists to test products.
AARP Celebrates Movies For Grownups—Before I Go / Complaints of a Dutiful Daughter (1:30pm – 3:00pm)
Lifestyle Sessions (2:00pm – 3:00pm)
- Taking Care of Our Parents — Sonia Manzano, a first-generation American of Latino descent, joined Sesame Street as “Maria” in the 1970s. She later became a writer for the show and juggled her schedule to care for her parents
- B. Smith’s Recipe For Success — B. Smith knows style whether it’s on the runway, in a restaurant or in the comfort of your home. The former fashion model turned restaurateur, television host, author, entrepreneur and entertainer extraordinaire talks about lifestyle and living.
- How to be an Effective and Savvy Health Consumer: Making the “Right” Health Decisions to Meet “Your” Individual Needs Sponsored by UnitedHealth Group — Reed Tuckson, M.D. is currently Senior Vice President of Consumer Health and Medical Care Advancement at UnitedHealth Group.
AARP University Sessions (2:00pm – 3:00pm)
- Womenvision: Unique Issues for Women 50+
- Diversity & Aging in the 21st Century
- Creating Communities for Successful Aging