George Bernard Shaw said that, "We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility of our future." The responsibility of our future is to join together to create a country:
- Where government stands sentry over vital programs like Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid and takes reasonable and responsible steps to strengthen them for generations to come;
- Where corporate giants and small businesses alike prize the experience of older workers and reject age discrimination as bad business;
- Where people of all ages receive quality health care they can afford;
- Where parents and grandparents can remain in their homes and active in their communities for as long as possible; and
- Where all Americans can afford to grow old with dignity and purpose and continue chasing their dreams;
We can do this. And when we do, we will not only fulfill our responsibility to future generations, we will create an America as good as its promise.