Feature Sessions (2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.)
- Making the Most of Life with Jerry Lewis (Performance Stage, Exhibit Hall) For more than 45 years, Jerry Lewis has personified the fight against neuromuscular diseases. As national chairman of the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA), he is a leader who wages battles on behalf of the more than a million Americans affected by these disorders. To his millions of fans, he is not only an admired actor, comedian, director, producer, and teacher, but a humanitarian striving to provide "his kids" a better future. Since 1966, his Labor Day Telethons have raised some $900 million for the search for treatments and cures for neuromuscular diseases, and to provide unparalleled service to those affected by them. Come meet one of the greatest physical comics of all time.
- Cooking for Two Peggy Fleming & Lynn Vetted (Venetian Hall D2)
AARP Celebrates Cinema (2:30 p.m. 4:00 p.m. Sands 205) La Papillion (The Butterfly)
AARP Welcome to Las Vegas Party/Mixer (Performance Stage, Exhibit Hall) (4:30 - 5:30 p.m.)
Media Opportunities Friday, October 15, 2004:
Morning Fitness (7:30-8:30 a.m., Hall D1) Start the morning with several hundred of the heartiest. Kathy Kaehler, NBC's Today Show fitness expert and personal trainer to Julia Roberts, Michelle Pfeiffer, Drew Barrymore, Cindy Crawford, and others, will lead attendees in aerobics.
A.M. Feature Sessions
AARP's 2011 Council (9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Performance Stage, Exhibit Hall) For the third year, this advisory panel will take a hard look at influences on the boomer generation and impact that can be expected from them on politics, business, entertainment, and academics. New members for the 2004 panel include "boomer influential" actress Cybill Shepherd, political consultant Donna Brazile, and Boomer Nation author and University of Oklahoma professor, and resident historian for the History channel Steve Gillon and Chris Buckley, humorist and satirist.
AARP Celebrates Cinema (9:30-11:30 a.m. Sands 205) The Nutty Professor
Exhibit Hall (9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Exhibit Hall)
- Performance Stage features Mariachi Saguayo and Latin Folklorico Group, Disk Jockey: Best of Steve Scott and AARP Silver Stars.
AARP University (11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.)
- Sex and Aging (Venetian Hall D1) Dr. Ruth Westheimer will present "Sex and Aging - Exploding Old Myths and Forecasting Future Trends.
- Prescription Drug Importation: Is It Safe and Affordable? (Venetian Hall D2) AARP experts will be presenting information around this issue.
- Money Matters: Securing Your Retirement Through Social Security and Savings (Venetian Casanova 504) AARP experts will be presenting information around this issue.
- Finding the Perfect Job: Are you Prepared for Today's Changing Workforce? (Venetian Casanova 506) AARP experts share current demographic data on the workplace and share what it will take to keep older workers.
- Bet on Community Service! (Sands 203) AARP experts will be presenting information around this issue.
AARP Celebrates Cinema (12:00 - 1:00 p.m.) (Sands 205) Tunanooda