Media Relations, 202-434-2560, firstname.lastname@example.org
EXECUTIVES FROM GOOGLE, HILTON WORLDWIDE,
VIRGIN AMERICA, REGAL CINEMAS, WARNER MUSIC,
HBO, NFLPA, HENDRICK MOTORSPORTS AND MORE
TO SPEAK ABOUT THE POWER OF THE 50+ AUDIENCE AT
ADVANTAGE BRAND MARKETING CONFERENCE IN NEW YORK
* Seminar will Focus on Tapping into the 50+ Audience’s Buying Power and Market Share *
Jeff Gordon, Russell Simmons, DeMaurice Smith, James “JB” Brown, and Peter Greenberg Among Those Confirmed to Attend
WASHINGTON (March 14, 2011) – More and more smart marketers are taking note of the enormous buying power and market share that the Baby Boomers and 50+ audience hold. To better learn how to serve, inform and engage this audience, AARP, in collaboration with Advertising Age and Google, today announced it will host "AdVantage: The 50-Plus Individual. How to better serve, inform and engage Americans 50+," a one-day conference in New York on April 5, featuring executives from some of today’s most prominent global brands including Google, Hilton Worldwide, Hendrick Motorsports, Norwegian Cruise line, and Virgin America, to name a few.
As one of the most recognized and trusted organizations in the country, AARP is leading the charge in exploring how today’s 50+ population is impacting the face of the American family, and how to respond to its evolving needs, responsibilities, and aspirations.
“This event will provide a national stage for thought leadership and discussion on how leading brands can innovate to meet the needs of the 50+ population,” said A. Barry Rand, CEO of AARP. “Our goal is to ensure that the 50+ population is kept top of mind and we want to encourage companies to offer new and better choices to help them live their best lives.”
The event will be held at The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers in New York City. Sessions will showcase companies that are creatively and successfully meeting the needs of the 50+ audience, and speakers and panelists will explore relevant issues including entertainment, media and pop culture; travel and lifestyle; health and beauty, and cause marketing. Registration and hotel information can be found online at http://www.wynjade.com/advantage11/.
Key business leaders who share AARP’s commitment to serving the needs of the 50+ population who are confirmed to participate in the AdVantage conference include:
* Kate Betts, Fashion Journalist/ Time magazine
* James Brown, Broadcaster, CBS Sports
* Paul Brown, President of Global Brands, Hilton Worldwide
* Steve Cone, Founder, Epsilon and current EVP Integrated Value & Strategy for AARP
* David Cush, CEO, Virgin America
* Robert Del Moro, SVP and Chief Purchasing Officer, Regal Cinemas, Inc.
* Kevin Liles, Former President/CEO, Def Jam Music Group and current EVP of Warner Music Group
* Chris Gardner, CEO, Gardner Rich LLC
* Jeff Gordon, Driver, Hendrick Motorsports
* Peter Greenberg, Travel Editor, CBS News
* Jody Holtzman, SVP, Research & Strategic Analysis, AARP
* Jo Ann Jenkins, President, AARP Foundation
* Alison Moore, SVP, Digital Platforms, HBO
* Sharon Otterman, VP and Chief Marketing Officer, MSNBC
* Emilio Pardo, Chief Brand Officer, AARP
* A. Barry Rand, CEO, AARP
* Bruce Rogers, Chief Brand Officer, Forbes
* Carrie Schwab-Pomerantz, President, Charles Schwab Foundation
* Sam Sebastian, Director, North America Local and B2B Markets, Google
* Kevin Sheehan, CEO, Norwegian Cruise Line
* Russell Simmons, Chairman and CEO, Rush Communications
* DeMaurice Smith, Executive Director, NFL Players Association
* Steve Spiro, VP, Strategic Partnerships, Myxer
As part of the conference, AARP and Advertising Age will release a co-authored white paper on the behaviors and habits of the 50+ population.
Full results from this study will be released immediately following the conference at www.aarp.org.
# # #