Call for Applications
The NPC Nominations Committee is accepting applications for the National Policy Council. Applications will be accepted through Feb. 28, 2016.
To apply, complete the online application (preferred method), email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application, or write to the Office of Policy Integration, B3-441, AARP, 601 E St. N.W., Washington, DC 20049. Deadline is Feb. 28, 2016.
- Read: Position Description and Selection Criteria (PDF)
- Read: Current NPC Members: What Applicants Should Know
- Read: Policy Development at AARP
- Read: Current NPC Member Bios
To be considered, qualified applicants must:
- Have experience developing and analyzing public policy issues.
- Have the ability and time to fully participate in the NPC.
- Be open to new and challenging concepts.
- Be an AARP member (age 50 and over).
The NPC Nominating Committee screens, interviews and recommends candidates to the Board of Directors. Interviews of the final round of candidates will be conducted in April followed by the Board of Directors’ review and approval of NPC appointments in June. This is a highly competitive process with approximately 200 applications received for the few openings available every two years.
- Jan. 1, 2016-Feb. 28, 2016-Applications Due
- April 2016-Notification to Applicants Selected for an Interview
- May 2016-Interview Selected Candidates
- June 2016-Notification of NPC Nominees
If you have questions, please call the AARP Office of Policy Integration at 202.434.3720