Members of NRTA: AARP's Educator Community design unique projects and collaborate with their local organizations to give back to today’s younger generations.
With Our Youth! is an awards program created by NRTA: AARP’s Educator Community to celebrate retired educators who are working with youth in their communities.
After spending a career nurturing and educating our nation’s children, retired educators remain a powerful, steady and respected presence in America’s communities by serving children today. The With Our Youth!
We believe in the tremendous potential of our youth
Children are a positive, creative force in our society. They make our lives richer and more fulfilling and are the future of our world. Because retired educators and our associations believe in the tremendous potential of youth to be a positive influence in our society today, we commit ourselves to take action to ensure all children have the resources they need in order to
Retired educators pledge to children
With Our Youth! is inspired by America’s Promise Alliance and its five promises to youth. NRTA and the retired educator network pledges to provide children with:
1. Caring adults in their lives: We serve as guides, caretakers and advisers who give positive and productive guidance throughout a child’s (and/or children’s) development.
2. Safe places to learn and grow: We provide safe places – environments that support and encourage inquiry,
3. A healthy start in life: We provide access to proper nutrition and exercise habits.
4. An effective education: We provide meaningful educational and life-skills support to young people.
5. An opportunity to serve in their communities: We teach young people the value of service, the meaning of community and the
During the last decade, With Our Youth! volunteers have reached more than 1.5 million youth and contributed more than 45 million service hours in 2,000-plus communities. Through these efforts, children have been inspired to live a better life and reach a higher potential because a retired educator took the time to be part of their lives.
SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT: WHAT’S NEW IN 2017!
Download the fact sheet.
Submit your nomination online.