NRTA and National Institute on Retirement Security Collaboration
NRTA has released a comprehensive Pension Education Toolkit, developed in collaboration with the National Institute on Retirement Security. The toolkit offers fact sheets and other resource materials that could be helpful in discussions about the attributes of defined benefit pension plans. Below are the key resources of the NRTA Pension Education Toolkit.
Topical Fact Sheets
- The Economy and Your Pension (PDF). Group-based pension plans weathered the economic storm better than individual account plans.
- Pension Funding Gaps (PDF). Pension funding gaps are manageable and can be filled in 30 years if total contributions increase by just 2.2% of payroll.
- Pension Contribution Requirements (PDF). Keeping the pension plan well-funded is a shared responsibility between employees and employers.
- The Importance of Your Pension (PDF). Traditional defined benefit pensions provide a cost-effective and guaranteed monthly income for life.
- The Importance of Your Pension (non-Social Security states) (PDF). This version of the above fact sheet is for employees not covered through Social Security.
- Cost of Living Adjustments (COLAs) (PDF). COLAs help to ensure that retirees’ purchasing power is maintained, no matter how quickly prices might rise.