- Discounts on travel and everyday savings.
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine.
- Free membership for your spouse or partner.
Listening to Members
Input from AARP's diverse membership shapes everything we do as an organization. Feedback comes from surveys, public opinion polls, phone calls, emails, and letters to the editors of our publications, face-to-face conversations with volunteer leaders and staff, and more.
Members' views shape our decisions about everything from advocacy positions to volunteer opportunities to new online health tools.
How Public Policy Decisions Are Made
Developing public policy recommendations that service the interests of a group as diverse as 50 and over Americans is a formidable task. That's why the input that AARP gathers from members and others through surveys, polls, public forums and personal communications is so important.
After analyzing a wide range of options, AARP's National Policy Council (NPC), made up of volunteer policy experts from around the country, deliberates and forms specific public policy recommendations and shares them with the AARP Board of Directors. The board then sets the framework for AARP's public policy agenda.
AARP focuses on policies and issues that reflect our members' concerns and interests, including:
- Economic security
- Health care
- Access to affordable, quality long-term care
- Creating and maintaining livable communities
- Ensuring that our democracy works better for us all
We publish these policies every two years in The Policy Book: AARP Public Policies.
How AARP Chooses Products and Services
On behalf of AARP, AARP Services (ASI) strives to be an advocate in the marketplace for the 50 and over population. AARP Services encourages companies to consider the role they play in effecting positive social change by building or tailoring quality products and services that help those 50 and over live their lives to the fullest.
AARP and AARP Services regularly seek input from members and conducts research to identify which products and services would be of most value. AARP Services is responsible for looking into possible new offerings, perform quality control with regard to providers and monitor the satisfaction of members who use AARP-branded products and services.
Products, Services and Discounts benefits are managed with four key principles in mind:
- Affordability — AARP-branded products are not necessarily the least expensive, but they offer recognizable value at a competitive price thanks to responsible product design and efficient operations.
- Quality — Through AARP Services, AARP makes sure its branded products and services consistently meet high standards of quality for members.
- Simplicity — AARP-branded offerings deliver information about features, benefits and regulations that members can easily understand and take advantage of.
- Accessibility — AARP looks for products with the broadest geographic distribution, the most generous acceptance policies so they benefit as many 50 and over Americans as possible.
AARP brands products and services from industry-leading health and wellness companies to help members and their families live healthier, fulfilling lives and navigate the health care market. Examples include insurance plans, prescription drug discounts, fitness club memberships, eyewear and hearing aids.
AARP Services works with innovative, service-oriented financial industry leaders to address top-of-mind issues for our members, including preparing for retirement, managing personal finances and protecting assets. AARP-branded financial offerings include credit cards, auto and home insurance, annuities and life insurance, and financial guidance.
AARP members enjoy discounts on quality products and services that help manage the everyday challenges of running a home and maintaining a budget. Travel offers include savings on rental cars, vacation packages, tours, cruises, hotels and roadside assistance. We make available discounts across a wide range of other shopping categories, including retail stores, groceries, dining and entertainment.
Discounts & Benefits
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% all day, every day when dining at participating Denny's restaurants.
Members pay $8 for Regal ePremiere tickets purchased online. Conditions apply.
Go Mobile with RealPad. Connect, play and share plus free 24/7 live customer support.
Join or renew today! Members receive exclusive member benefits & affect social change.