- Discounts on travel and everyday savings.
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine.
- Free membership for your spouse or partner.
Life Reimagined Session Details
Life ReimaginedSM is a multidimensional platform designed for adapting to new aging challenges and possibilities. Today’s 50-plus Americans are living longer, healthier lives and, at the same time, are navigating economic, health, social and technological realities unlike any generation before them. Life Reimagined equips people to lead the type of life they imagine and prompts them to consider the most important questions they face. It builds a community of people committed to rediscovering their gifts, exploring new possibilities and moving toward their best lives.
Life Reimagined Life Checkups
Friday, Oct. 4, 2013, 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., 4:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013, 9:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Richard Leider, master career counselor, founder and chairman of The Inventure Group
Friday, Oct. 4, 2013, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013, 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Janet Taylor, M.D., clinical instructor of psychiatry at Columbia University at Harlem Hospital, consumer health strategist and certified life coach
Life Reimagined Experiences
Friday, Oct. 4, 2013, 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013, 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Jane Pauley, Emmy Award-winning journalist, host of AARP’s Life Reimagined TODAY With Jane Pauley
- Alan Webber, cofounder, Fast Company
Award-winning journalist, Jane Pauley, and Fast Company cofounder, Alan Webber, were joined by a panel of everyday people who have transformed their lives. Audiences heard inspirational stories of courage, change and lives reimagined. On Friday, Oct. 4, Jane and Alan sat down with marathon swimmer Diana Nyad.
Igniting Your Faith to Reimagine Your Life
Friday, Oct. 4, 2013, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- James “JB” Brown, award-winning broadcaster, AARP Community Ambassador
- Samuel Chand, faith leader, author
- Debra Morton, D.Min., senior pastor of Greater St. Stephen Full Gospel Baptist Church in New Orleans
- Vince Dooley, two-time NCAA National Coach of the Year
Does faith play a role in your journey through life’s transitions — whether focused on work, health, relationships or pursuing a passion? Life Reimagined presented an interactive discussion with faith leaders who are helping others discover new areas of their lives. James “JB” Brown led the faith-based panel in engaging conversation.
Life Reimagined Book Signing with Author Q&A
Saturday, Oct. 5, 2013, 1:30 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Attendees joined the authors of Life Reimagined: Discover Your New Life Possibilities, releasing in October 2013, for a Q&A session and book signing. Bestselling author Richard Leider and Fast Company cofounder Alan Webber discussed inspiring stories from the book, how to face life’s transitions and much more.
Discounts & Benefits
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% on lunch and dinner every day at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can earn 50 points per $1 spent on select products at Walgreens.
Members save up to 25% and get other exclusive benefits at Avis and Budget Rent A Car.
Brain boost? Get AARP email for access to memory exercises & more that help you focus.
Rewards for Good
Your Points Balance:
Earn points for completing free online activities designed to enrich your life.
Featured ways to earn points:
Redeem your points to save on merchandise, travel, and more.