- Discounts on travel and everyday savings.
- Subscription to AARP The Magazine.
- Free membership for your spouse or partner.
Life@50+ New Orleans
Thursday — Exhibit Hall Opening
Saturday Night Concert
- Singer-songwriter and musician
- Grammy Award winner
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee
- Singer, actor and humanitarian, known as the "Empress of Soul"
- 8-time Grammy Award winner
- Honored with the “Legend Award” at the 2011 Soul Train Awards
- Singer-songwriter, musician, activist
- 2-time Grammy Award winner
- Winner of the Academy Award for Best Original Song
Appearing on the
Concord Music Stage
The following performers entertained attendees on the Concord Music Stage throughout the 2012 Life@50+ event in New Orleans:
- Jazz musician and multi-instrumentalist
- Sixth place finisher on the tenth season of American Idol
- New Orleans musical icon, dazzling audiences from street corners to stages across the country
- Featured performer on Playing for Change, a multimedia music project
Preservation Hall Jazz Band
- Derives its name from Preservation Hall, located in the heart of New Orleans’ French Quarter
- The band's charter members performed with the pioneers who invented jazz, including Louis Armstrong and Jelly Roll Morton
- Brass Band playing a unique brand of New Orleans music, blending Mardi Gras funk, soft rock, reggae and jazz
- 3-time winners of New Orleans’ Big Easy award
Discounts & Benefits
From companies that meet the high standards of service and quality set by AARP.
Members save 15% on lunch and dinner every day at Outback Steakhouse.
Members can earn 50 points per $1 spent on select products at Walgreens.
Members save up to 25% and get other exclusive benefits at Avis and Budget Rent A Car.
Brain boost? Get AARP email for access to memory exercises & more that help you focus.
Rewards for Good
Your Points Balance:
Earn points for completing free online activities designed to enrich your life.
Featured ways to earn points:
Redeem your points to save on merchandise, travel, and more.