Want to learn how to get more with less? Join us for a free interactive grocery store tour to learn how to stretch your food dollars and make healthier choices on a budget.
AARP Foundation believes that everyone should have the opportunity to understand what constitutes good nutrition, to know how to shop for healthy foods and how to prepare them.
Your tour leader will teach you how to:
- Read and compare food labels
- Understand unit pricing to find your best food buy
- Identify foods rich in whole grains (and why they matter)
- Buy fruits and vegetables on a budget
- Find foods appropriate for older adults or adults suffering from chronic diseases
At the end of the tour, we will give you a $10 grocery gift card so you can apply what you have learned. Our challenge to you is to buy a healthy meal for four under $10.
You also will receive a reusable grocery bag and a workbook full of tasty recipes, tips on healthy diets and cost-effective food shopping.
Cooking Matters at the Store tours are hour and a half free grocery store tours; open to anyone. They last about an hour and a half.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about grocery store tours in your area.