Over 20 million low-income people age 50+ do not have adequate financial resources to meet their basic needs. Our goal is to help vulnerable 50+ generate income and to secure and maintain financial assets.
We’re building awareness, supporting effective services, delivering new products and programs, investing in community capacity and working together with 50+ low-wage workers and their families to win back opportunity and get back on track.
Strategic Plan Goals
We’re seeking evidence-based interventions that:
• Increase the number of people who secure employment
• Increase the number of appropriate financial products
• Enroll vulnerable 50+ in public benefits for which they are eligible
• Increase the savings of vulnerable 50+ people
• Decrease the consumer debt of vulnerable 50+ people
AARP Foundation is paving the way to stable income by offering access to programs such as Back to Work 50+, where individuals receive job training that can lead to a permanent job and Finances 50+ -- an evidence-based financial capability program.
We collaborate with grantee and partner organizations to develop proposals that align with our four impact areas and address our strategic objectives.