Over 20 million low-income people age 50+ do not have adequate financial resources to meet their basic needs. Our goal is to help vulnerable older adults generate income and secure and maintain financial assets.
We’re building awareness, supporting effective services, delivering new products and programs, investing in community capacity and working together with 50+ low-wage workers and their families to win back opportunity and get them back on track.
Strategic Plan Goals
We’re seeking evidence-based interventions that:
• Increase the number of people who secure employment
• Increase the number of appropriate financial products
• Enroll older adults in public benefits for which they are eligible
• Increase the savings of vulnerable 50+ people
• Decrease the consumer debt of vulnerable 50+ people
AARP Foundation is paving the way to stable income by offering access to programs such as BACK TO WORK 50+, where individuals receive job training that can lead to a permanent job, and Finances 50+, an evidence-based financial capability program.
We collaborate with grantee and partner organizations to develop proposals that align with our four impact areas and address our strategic objectives. Learn more about current grant opportunities.